Local Google Listing
There are two types of Google listings. The worldwide web Google listing and then your local Google listing. Here are the primary differences in those Google listings.
The big Google listing: The worldwide web is a big place. Sure, if you are a big company like Pepsi or Coke, you want to make sure you listings are near the top of a Google search on soft drinks. Yet, for many companies, the local Google listing is more important.
Local Google Listing: If I were passing through a new town for the day and wanted to find a local flower shop, I would do a google search for flower shops near me. If you owned a flower shop in this little town you would want your business to show up in my Google search, right? This is what local google listings are about.
Now, many of you might know that your business does come up on a local Google listing in your city, so you are all good, right? Wrong. Do you have ownership of that listing? Is the information about your business correct on that local Google listing? Why is this so important?
Your local Google listing needs attention. It needs updating like anything else online. From personal experience, I have done local Google searches before; found the business I seek is open, and all excited I arrive at that business to find they close in 10 minutes. What? That is not what the local Google listing said! Most business owners will say to me, “where did you find that? How did those hours get listed there? We haven’t had those hours for a long time!” This business clearly does not own or update their local Google listing.
Here’s why showing up in local Google Listing searches is crucial for your business’ success:
- 4 out of 5 users search for local information on search engines like Google. They’re looking for information like addresses, phone numbers, hours of operation, directions, and more.
- 50% of people who perform a local search on their phone visit a business within 24 hours, and 34% of people who use their computer or tablet do as well.
- According to Google, their data shows “consumers are searching for local information everywhere, on every device, at every point in the purchase process.”
Is your business website not high enough on the list of google listings? What? Your business website doesn’t make the google listing at all? Let All Tech Marketing help you! As a web design and digital marketing agency, we will create a business website to get your business noticed on the local google listing.
The New Rules for Marketing Your Brand
Consumer products marketing has experienced a profound change in the last decade. From a world dominated by large global brands, established TV and big-box retail models to a world that is quickly much more complex, the changes have been noticeable. With a proliferation of new brands, more options, interests in buying local and small businesses, technology has changed how we find these businesses, and how we do business. Not only has technology changed in how we find the businesses and products we spend our money on, technology has changed from the marketing side in how we advertise to find those consumers.
Whether your business is a small family run business, an up and coming next big thing, or a startup that is just in your dreams for right now, when deciding how to market, there are areas to consider:
1. What is your brand portfolio? Who or what is your brand and how is it displayed. Many small businesses do not take the time to determine what their brand portfolio really is and how should does your client understand your brand portfolio?
2. Looking to the future. Where do you see your company in 5 years? 10 years? Looking into the future can help put into action a marketing plan for the here and now.
Understanding your brand portfolio along with a vision of the future allows us to look at how to use modern technology to market your business. What is the data and technology strategy and the roadmap to implement that? The leaders in this area, are owning their own data, refreshing it constantly and, more importantly, using it to inform the business decisions.
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning failure.” Oliver Sandero
“Success is making those who believed in you look brilliant.” Dharmesh Shah
Let All Tech Marketing make you look brilliant. Contact us today to get started!